Learn how to do the cleanse detox diet and rejuvenate your body. Following a cleansing detox plan is a great way to shed accumulated toxins from the body, which may be contributing to chronic disorders from acne and eczema to arthritis and fatigue. It is also an excellent tool for revitalizing body systems, as everything has a chance to flush, rest, and renew. Learn how to do the cleanse detox diet with these guidelines.
To do the cleanse detox diet you will need:
- A laxative tea, such as dandelion
- A cleansing tea, such as peppermint, red clover, or nettles
- Green tea
- Fresh juices, including carrot, cucumber, cranberry, and apple
- Vegetable broth
- Miso soup
- Vitamin C crystals
- Plenty of fresh water
- Start cleansing early. The day before starting the cleanse detox diet eat plenty of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, including a green salad. Drink eight glasses of water, fresh juices, and finish the day with a cup of dandelion tea or any other herbal laxative.
- For three days, start with vitamin C crystals. Mix one teaspoon of the crystals in an eight ounce glass of water. Drink each morning upon rising to start the cleanse detox diet.
- Mid-morning, include juice and tea. Throughout the morning have one cup of green tea and a glass of fresh cranberry or carrot juice. Also start taking in water; to do the cleanse detox diet it is important to drink eight to ten glasses of purified water each day.
- Have vegetable broth for lunch. Vegetable broth is an important source of minerals during a detox cleanse. Drink one to two cups. As a substitute you can also drink or make a homemade glass of vegetable juice.
- Follow with miso soup for dinner. Add snipped dried sea greens for extra nutrition. Miso soup, which is a source of probiotics, is an ideal purifying food for this detox diet.
- Finish with a cleansing tea each night. Aside from drinking water and fresh juice throughout the evening, have a cup of herbal tea, such as peppermint, before going to bed.
Now you know how to do the cleanse detox diet. You can modify it to fit your needs by shortening it to a one or two day cleanse, or by adding fresh fruit and yogurt. The goal is to give the body a rest from digesting heavy foods, to flush out toxins, and to supply the body with a rich dose of nutrients.
Page, Linda. "Healthy Healing: A Guide to Self-Healing for Everyone." Eleventh Edition (Traditional Wisdom, 2003).
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.