You can't breakdance until you learn how to do a coffee grinder breakdance move. The coffee grinder breakdance move, also known as the "helicopter", earns its name because the legs of the dancer spin around like the blades of a coffee grinder. Every b-boy needs to add the coffee grinder to his repertoire of breakdance moves.
- Stand with both legs shoulder width apart. Bend your knees so that you are in a squat.
- Push your right knee forward and balance your weight on your right toes. When you do the coffee grinder breakdance move, you will use one leg to support your body while you twist the other around.
- Stretch your left leg out horizontally, to the side of your body. Your left foot should point upwards while the left heel rests on the floor.
- Place your right hand on the floor, next to your right foot. Your right arm will keep your body upright when you perform the coffee grinder breakdance move.
- Lift your left leg up into the air and swing it towards your right arm. As you swing your left leg forward, drop your left hand onto the floor.
- When your left leg meets your right leg, place your right arm over and in front of your left leg. Use both arms to push your body off the ground, raising your right leg. Swing your left leg under your right and bring it back to where it started. You should have just brought your left leg around in a complete circle.
- Repeat the circular motion as many times as you want. You can switch legs if you like. When doing the coffee grinder breakdance move, always remember to keep the leg you are swinging straight and do not bend it at the knee.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.