How To Do Freestyle Skiing Tricks
Ready to take you skiing to the next level by learning how to do freestyle skiing tricks? Freestyle skiing tricks have grown in interest in the past decade. Thanks to the Winter X Games, many are interested in trying freestyle skiing tricks. This is an innovative field where athletes are constantly creating new tricks. For those interested in trying freestyle skiing tricks, here are a few tips to get you started.
- The first tip is before attempting freestyle skiing tricks; you have to be a great skier. The athletes on television have years of experience and are excellent skiers. So begin by attending a ski school or club in your area. Both have knowledgeable teachers on staff that can teach you the basics.
- After learning the basics, enroll in more advanced skiing class. This gives you the technique and confidence needed before trying freestyle skiing tricks.
- The next steps are practicing and training. When you’re not in class, practice as often as you can. It allows you to take apply techniques learned in class and become a solid skier. Make sure you’re also in shape. Freestyle skiing tricks require the person to be flexible and posses a strong core for the tricks involved. Many ski clubs have training programs in place for its skiers.
- Once you’re ready, have a coach or trained professional watch as you attempt the basic freestyle skiing tricks. Start with something simple like the 180, where you’ll make a half turn in the air. Since you’ll be landing backwards it’s important to spot your landing. Keeping your weight centered ensures you’ll land safely.
- After practicing the basics, it’s time for more advanced tricks. Try 540 Tail Grab or Corkscrew 720. Make sure you have someone with experience watching you at all times. Once you have some of the more complex moves down, it’s time to create some moves of your own. Remember, freestyle skiing tricks is a trial and error process. The more practice time you have, the better chance you have of creating your own moves.