Creating a sleek, simple, and elegant hairstyle is fast and easy if you know how to do a French Twist. This style is great for business, weddings, and black tie occasions, and can even be made into a slightly sexier and casual look by making it looser and letting a few pieces of hair fall around the face or neck.
To complete a French Twist, you will need:
- Paddle Brush
- Clean Hands
- At least 2 mirrors
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Spray
- Set up your mirrors. You will want to do this in a way so that you can see a reflection of the back of your head.
- Brush your hair well. Use a paddle brush to completely smooth your hair and get out every knot and snarl. The allure of a French Twist is the sleek, glossy look of your hair.
- Create a ponytail using your hands and brush. You will want to start the ponytail somewhat low, only an inch or two above the nape of your neck. Brush your hair back and all the way to whichever side you prefer, and hold the ponytail with one hand.
- Without letting go of your hair, place a few bobby pins straight up the back in middle of your head. This will give the French Twist a strong foundation, which will keep it in place longer.
- Gather your hair again. To make the French Twist, place your thumb slightly out from the center of it’s length and start twisting it in towards the line of bobby pins. Keep the twist tight as it makes its way to the back of your head and make sure the brushed back hair stays sleek.
- Keeping your thumb in place, secure the twist with pins. To keep the twist tight and secure, start by placing the pin outwards in the gathered hair, pulling it out slightly, and then pushing it inward towards the twist. Be sure to practice doing the French Twist so that you master the twisting techniques and learn how to conceal all the bobby pins that are used.
- Finish the style with hair spray. Tame any fly away hairs and keep the style looking soft and sleek by using a light layer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …