How To Do A Fruit Detox Diet
Learn how to do a fruit detox diet and help your body eliminate waste, while at the same time enjoying the nutritional benefits of fresh fruit. A fruit detox diet is particularly beneficial for the liver, but it will also have a positive impact on all body systems by improving digestion, energy levels and skin complexion. Follow these steps to do a fruit detox diet for three days.
- Prepare yourself. Set aside three days (one or two days is fine for your first detoxification) to focus on your health. Make sure life commitments are lighter than usual and you will have the ability to make time for yourself.
- Gather your materials. What is needed to do a fruit detox diet? Fruit and lots of it. Also water and herbal teas, if desired. Buy organic fruit if possible; grapes, apples, pears, pineapples, papaya, berries and whatever is in season. Buy enough to eat, but also juice or purchase fresh fruit juices, such as apple, pineapple, cranberry and grape juice. Make sure you have plenty of purified water to drink, as well.
- What is the daily fruit detox diet plan? Eat small amounts of fresh fruit, never stuffing yourself. A glass of pineapple-papaya juice in the morning, an apple mid-morning, fresh grapes in the afternoon and a berry and banana smoothie for dinner, for example. Drink eight to ten glasses of water throughout the day.
- Drink detoxifying teas. Herbal teas such as dandelion, red clover, nettles and burdock root are beneficial during any cleansing program. They will help to purify the bloodstream, offering support to the kidneys and liver.
- Walk each day. A light, 30 minute walk in the morning and afternoon will help the body detox by improving circulation and eliminating toxins through sweating.
- Take a detox bath. For at least one night, soak in a purifying bath. Add one cup of Epsom salts, one-half cup of baking soda, one-half cup sea salt and any desired essential oils.
- Eat lightly after the fast. After completing the fruit detox diet, it is important to eat foods that are easy to digest rather than jumping into rich, heavy foods. You will find that your body will crave fresh fruits and vegetables and light grains after detoxing. You probably won't want a cheeseburger.
Now that you know how to do a fruit detox diet, you have the ability to improve your overall well-being, and rejuvenate and refresh your body. You may also be preventing serious illnesses, such as cancer and heart disease. Supplying the body with plenty of antioxidants, enzymes, fiber and nutrients from fresh fruit will help reverse the negative effects of a build-up of waste in the body.