How to Do a Half Cab on a Snowboard
Learning how to do a half cab on a snowboard is an advanced trick to learn. A half cab is exactly as its name suggests, a half of a cab. Learning to do a half cab requires superior ability at an expert click. Tricks are a big part of the snowboard scene. Understanding the make up of tricks will be your introduction to completing them. Such tricks as the half cab are part of a growing scene and extended trick platforms. A half cab is the prelude to many popular and insane tricks, such as the McTwist and haakon twist. Learning to pull off a half cab will take practice and know-how. Balance and daring while doing the half cab is a half pipe air trick. The half cab as part of your arsenal will open the door to many more tricks.
With any trick, safety is the main concern. Make certain your skill level is able to manage the mechanics of the trick. Here are the maneuvers needed to pull off a half cab.
What you will need to stick this trick:
- Freestyle snowboard
- Snowboarding protective gear
- Half pipe
- Expert riding level
- Plenty of room to pull it off
- Limber up and stretch. You will also want to make a few runs on the half pipe to get used to the pipe’s speed and any flaws. Start from an angle, keeping yourself from attacking the half pipe head on.
- Go up one side of the half pipe but do not peak. Head back down the half pipe to the other side, keeping at an angle. This will build speed and keep you on course. When you approach the other side of the half pipe, bend your knees slightly.
- Just as you reach the lip of the half pipe, give a little extension of the legs. This will give you a boost. Twist the body in an exaggerated motion in either direction. Immediately pull the knees to your chest. Your momentum will carry you three hundred and sixty degrees around.
- As you approach the ground after the full revolution, allow your legs to drop. Keeping them slightly bent, hit the half pipe and allow your momentum to take you forward. You have just stuck the half cab. Raise your hands in celebration and enjoy the moment!