Need to know how to adjust the headlights on your Chevy Tahoe? You may need to adjust the headlights on your Chevy Tahoe before an inspection, to increase visibility or for any number of other reasons. Luckily it's is a fairly easy process and does not require any special tools.
What you will need:
- Socket wrench
- Garage Door (Optional but works best)
- Park Chevy Tahoe. Park your Chevy Tahoe between twenty to thirty feet from a garage door or another large, fixed object. Park the Chevy Tahoe in a way in which the headlights are pointing towards the garage door or other object.
- Open the hood of your Chevy Tahoe. Open the hood of your Chevy Tahoe and securely prop it open.
- Turn on the headlights. Turn on the headlights on you Chevy Tahoe, they should be pointed at a garage door or another large object.
- Locate the headlight adjustment bolts. The adjustment bolts are located on the top of the headlight housing. There are two small bolts, turn these with the socket wrench to adjust the headlights. You will need to adjust each headlight on the Chevy Tahoe individually.
- Adjust the horizontal positioning. Adjust the bolt for the horizontal positioning on each headlight. Ideally they two rays of light from the Chevy Tahoe headlights should overlap in the middle by about half.
- Adjust the vertical positioning. Similar to step 5, you will now need to use the other bolts to adjust the horizontal positioning. Compensate for the distance the light has to travel and the level of the road where you will need visibility. Accomplish this by ensuring the vehicle is an ample distance from the object you are using to point the headlights at and lower the headlights one by one until they are both at ground level. They should not be all the way on the ground nor all the way on the object, but somewhere in-between. This will ensure they are pointed properly to be functional when driving under normal conditions. If they are too high they will illuminate the road and cause problems for other drivers, if they are too low they will not illuminate far enough ahead.
- Adjust the horizontal position of each headlight first until they overlap, then worry about the vertical positioning.
- The ideal position is around twenty-five feet from the garage door, assuring the headlights on your 1997 Chevy Tahoe make contact with the bottom of the garage door where it meets the ground. If you are not using your garage door, use another smooth and large object to adjust your Chevy Tahoe headlights.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.