How Do I Connect My Wii To The Internet?
Are you asking yourself, "How do I connect my Wii to the internet?" There are a couple of different ways that you can connect your Wii to the internet, such as through wireless or a USB port. This article will show you steps on how to connect them both. First we will discuss how to connect your Wii to the internet by a wireless connection. This is the option that is chosen by many people. The second way is using a LAN adapter and a USB port.
To connect your Wii to the internet, you will need:
- Your Wii
- Wi-Fi capability
- A Wii-LAN adapter
- A USB cable
- An Ethernet cable
- A Wii remote
Follow these steps to connect your Wii to wireless internet:
- The first way to connect your Wii to the internet is through a wireless router. Begin by plugging your Wii into a power source, such as a wall outlet or a surge protector, and press the power button.
- There will be a warning screen that comes on your TV; press "A" to continue. Once you are on the main menu, use the remote to move the cursor toward the left hand corner or the screen to the "Wii" button, and press "A" to select the options.
- Select the box on the right called "Wii Settings." Use the arrow to scroll down to find more options. There will be an "internet" option; choose this option and then select "Connection Settings" from there. It will be your first option.
- Select "Connection 3." Choose the first option for the wireless connection. You will see "Search for an Access Point" at the very top of the screen; click this option. Click the OK button when it has finished.
- Once your options have appeared on the screen, choose which access point you want to use. Once you have chosen, click the OK button to save your settings. Start a connection test and when it is through you will be connected to the internet.
Follow these steps to connect your Wii to regular, wired internet:
- Begin by plugging your Wii LAN adapter into the USB port, which is located on the back of the Wii console. Connect the Ethernet cable that is connected to your modem or router to the back of the adapter.
- Choose the Wii options menu on the left hand corner or the screen, and select "Wii Settings." Use the arrow button to scroll through the options until you find the "internet" option.
- Choose the "Connection Status" option and then "Connection 3," which should have "none" beside it. Select the wired connection. Select the OK button to begin the connection test, and when it is through you will be connected to the internet.