If you want to watch your old DVDs on your new high-definition television, and get the best picture possible, then the question you should ask is, "How do I connect a Toshiba D-r400 recorder player DVD recorder player 1080p up-converter to my TV?" The Toshiba D-r400 recorder player is designed to up-convert a regular DVD so that it displays up to a 1080p high definition picture. The video up-conversion will only work if the D-r400 recorder player and the television are connected by an HDMI cable and the television is capable of displaying a high-definition signal.
- Connect the audio cables first. Connect the red and white RCA audio cables to the connectors on the left side of the back of the D-r400 recorder player. It will say "Audio Out" under the connectors on the D-r400 recorder player. Connect the other side of the cable to the audio connectors on the back of the television. Make sure that the red and white cables are plugged into the connectors of the same color.
- For a standard picture, connect a RCA video cable. Connect the video cable to the yellow connector right above the audio cables on the D-r400 recorder player. There will also be a yellow connector near the audio cables on the back of the television, so connect the other end of the cable to that.
- For a better picture, connect an S-video cable. Connect the S-video cable to the back of the D-r400 recorder player by plugging it into the circular connector just to the right of the audio cables. Plug the other end of the cable into the S-video connector on the back of the television.
- For an even better picture, use component cables to connect the D-r400 recorder player to the television. The red, blue and green component connectors are located to the right of the audio cables. Plug the cables in to the connectors of the same color and do the same on the back of the television.
- For the best picture, and high-definition up-conversion, use an HDMI cable. Plug the HDMI cable into the flat HDMI connector in the middle of the back of the D-r400 recorder player. Plug the other end into the HDMI port on the television. If you are using an HDMI cable, you do not need to connect additional audio cables.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.