If you want to share a great website with your family and friends, you may wonder, "How do I copy a link on my Facebook profile?" Facebook is a social networking website that allows members to select other people to be their Facebook friends. Instead of email, many people use Facebook to share information. One way of sharing information is to send links to news stories, jokes, videos, websites of interest and much more.
To copy a link on your Facebook profile, you will need:
- A Facebook account
- The website link
- Open a Facebook account. When you have a Facebook account, it's possible to perform all of the social networking functions available, like copying links.
- Go to your Facebook profile. On the Facebook profile page, look directly under your Facebook name and under the words "Wall," "Photos," and so on.
- Click on "Link." A box under your Facebook name and wall has images and words that read "Photos," "Video," "Event," and "Link." The word "Share" is in the lower right corner. Click on "Link."
- Get the link to be copied. Go to the website where the link is that you want to copy. For instance, if you want to share a website with instructions on how to pickle peppers, copy the URL (also known as the website address). This typically starts with "http://www," then it contains the website name. Copy the link by highlighting the URL with your cursor and copying it.
- Paste the link to your Facebook profile. Go back to your profile page on Facebook. Put your cursor inside the box with "http://" in it. Highlight that and delete it. Then paste in the URL from the link you want to share.
- Click "Attach." Click the word "Attach" in the box where you pasted the link.
- Select a thumbnail photo. Often, websites have photos attached to articles or other pages. Choose a thumbnail to include in the link by scrolling through the thumbnails and clicking the numbers (one through the highest number) to add a photo. If no photo is desired, click "No Thumbnail."
- Send the link. To share the link with all of your Facebook friends, click "Share." The link will be copied to your Facebook profile and all of your friends will be able to see it. To determine who can see your links, it's possible to adjust Facebook's privacy settings under "Account" in the upper right-hand side of your Facebook profile.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Best Female Singers in Indie Music
Songstresses we love, from Brooklyn to Scandinavia.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.