If you are the owner of a Ford vehicle, you may be asking "how do I fix Ford airbag code 52?" The airbag code 52 is a fairly common occurrence in Ford vehicles and can be caused by many things. The airbag code 52 is most common after car washes, battery exchanges and other maintenance to the electrical system. The majority of the time the airbag code 52 is a simply problem to fix, on rare occasions it may be caused by hardware failure. Troubleshooting it step by step is the most important thing to do when attempting to resolve the airbag code 52.
- Power down the vehicle. First turn off the engine of the vehicle. Power down any electronics such as car stereo systems or GPS navigation systems.
- Disconnect the battery. Completely disconnect the battery and leave it disconnect for around fifteen minutes. This will reset the on-board diagnostic computer and hopefully clear the airbag code 52. The majority of the airbag code 52 errors are easily resolved by resetting the on-board computer in this fashion.
- Reconnect the battery. Reconnect the battery cables securely and in the proper order.
- Check for airbag code 52. Test and see if you are still receiving airbag code 52. If not, the problem has been resolved. If you are still receiving the airbag code 52, proceed to the next step.
- Test and replace the diagnostic monitor. If the airbag code 52 still continues you may need to check the diagnostic monitor. The diagnostic monitor may be experiencing problems which are causing a false airbag code 52. If you are unsure how to do this or need further assistance it is best to contact a Ford dealer or authorized Ford repair shop.
- Airbag code 52 may be caused by a loose connection or water/cleaning chemicals entering the connection.
- Typically airbag code 52 occurs after a full car wash or battery replacement.
- If all else fails, contacting an authorized Ford repair shop or dealer is the best alternative.