If you’re asking yourself “How do I insist my ex-girlfriend leave me alone?” you’re not the first man to do so. After a relationship ends, it’s not uncommon for ex-girlfriends to hold out hope that you’ll get back together. If your ex-girlfriend is calling you, sending you emails and text messages, or showing up at your house or workplace, be firm and make it clear that you’re ready to move on with your life.
- Make your expectations clear. Talk to your ex-girlfriend and tell her that you’re certain the relationship is over and that there is no chance of reconciliation. Your ex-girlfriend may cry, scream, or get angry at you, but stand firm, and insist, in no uncertain terms, that you want her to leave you alone.
- Stop responding to her calls and messages. If you’ve already talked to your ex-girlfriend and insisted that she leave you alone, don’t take her calls, answer her e-mails, or respond to her texts. If she shows up in person, ask her to leave.
- Remove her as a friend from all social networking sites. If you are still friends with your ex-girlfriend on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any other social networking websites, remove her as a friend and block her so that she can no longer contact you or access your information.
- Enlist the help of friends. If you and your ex-girlfriend have mutual friends, let them know that you want her leave you alone and that you’re trying to sever all ties with her. If you feel comfortable doing so, ask that they talk to her about her behavior and insist that she stop trying to make contact with you.
- Get a restraining order. If you insist that your ex-girlfriend leaves you alone and she begins to harass or threaten you, consider getting a personal protection order from your local courthouse. If the court approves your request, your ex-girlfriend will be legally barred from calling you, sending you messages, or showing up at your work or home.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …