How Do I Make Corned Beef Hash
Are you wondering, "How do I make corned beef hash?" Don't worry, making corned beef hash is a cinch. Corned beef hash is a wonderful choice of dish for both breakfast and brunch. Only taking a little more than half an hour, corned beef hash is one of the simpler dishes to prepare in life.
To make corned beef hash, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped lean corned beef brisket
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Saute the onions. When you are making corned beef hash, you need a nice, sturdy cast iron skillet. It should be a large one so that you can easily mix around the ingredients. Place the large skillet over medium high heat and pour the oil into it. Once the oil is hot, toss the onions into the skillet. Saute the onions until they are brown. This could take between five and eight minutes.
- Make the hash. Once your onions are brown, add in your potatoes. These potatoes are the base of the corned beef hash. You will want to cook them until they become brown and crusty. This should take about eight minutes. Stir the potatoes constantly while cooking.
- Add the corned beef. Now that you have your hash, it's time to add the flavor. Pour your corned beef and broth into the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly. While mixing the hash, scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the liquid is absorbed. This should take another five to eight minutes. Add your parsley and season with salt and pepper as desired.