How Do I Make Google My Search Engine?
Are you asking yourself, "how do I make Google my search engine?" It is very simple to make Google your search engine, but it depends on which browser you use. The guide below will show how in the three most popular browsers, which are Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.
To make Google the search engine Firefox:
- Open Firefox. In the address bar type about:config.
- In the filter field type keyword.url. Press enter.
- Right click on keyword.url and select modify. A dialog box will open.
- In the dialog box we will put in the web address to make Google your search engine. Cut and paste http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&so and click okay. Close the window.
To make Google the search engine in Internet Explorer 8:
- Open Internet Explorer 8. Click the down arrow by the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner. This is right next to the search box.
- Once you click on the down arrow next to the magnifying glass click Manage Search Providers. If Google is listed click on it and select Set as default and click okay.
- If Google is not listed click Find more search providers link on the bottom of the box.
- Search for Google and click the Install Search Provider. A dialog box will open. Select Make this my default search provider and click Add.
To make Google the search engine in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome. Click Tools at the top of the screen and select Options.
- Click on the Basics tab and select Google from the Default Search drop down menu. Click on Close.
To make Google the search engine in Safari Mac OS X:
- Open Safari. Click on the Safari menu at the top of the screen and click Preferences.
- You will have a Default Search Engine drop down menu. In this menu select Google.
Google is now set as the search engine in Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari Mac OS X.