You've probably, at some time, wondered to yourself, "How do I make soda crackers?" Soda crackers can be made using an old recipe, dating as far back as the early 19th century. These are also called saltine crackers. Soda crackers make a great party snack and are fairly simple to create.
To make soda crackers, you will need:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- To make soda crackers, first add the flour and butter to a large bowl and mix. Add the vinegar and keep stirring so that you are left with a thick, doughy mixture.
- Pour the dough out of the bowl and roll it into a ball. Roll this ball out, keeping it as thin as possible (you can use a rolling pin to do so). Using a knife, cut the dough into square or rectangular shapes in any size you desire. If you find it hard to cut the shapes, you can roll the dough directly onto a baking sheet, which saves the effort of transferring the shapes to the baking sheet.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the rolled-out shapes. If you want the holes to follow a certain pattern, you could use a ruler to make the holes even. You can create patterns like diamonds or squares. Lightly sprinkle salt on the soda crackers, depending on your preference.
- Now that the crackers are ready, bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for about fifteen minutes (until they are crisp). Keep checking the crackers to make sure that they don't become too brown.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”