How Do I Operate A Campervan Stove Make Sure The Propane Is Turned On?
The campsite at dinnertime is not the time to learn how do I operate a campervan stove make sure the propane is turned on? Your sweetie was impressed at your ability to set up the camper expertly after choosing the right spot, lugging all the heavy stuff yourself and now, you can’t get the stove to work? Did you count on sleeping under the stars outside the camper by yourself?
To operate a campervan stove, you will need:
- A campervan stove
- The appropriate size propane bottle
- Lighter or matches, if the stove does not have an automatic lighter
- Before turning on the propane stove, ensure proper ventilation inside. Open a window on either side of the campervan so carbon monoxide will not build up inside. This would ruin your whole trip. The rule of thumb is six square inches of airflow. If the window is six inches wide, open it one-half inch, and the same on the other side.
- Turn on the fuel at the bottle or tank. The gas will travel through the tube into the stove and exit through the burners. Many people think that turning on the stove will start the process, but they’ll have a long wait expecting the tanks to turn themselves on.
- When the liquid propane, otherwise knows as LP fuel begins to flow, light the burner. If you grew up with a gas stove, lighting a campervan stove won’t be difficult. If the stove has a button to push to turn the burner on, now is the time to push it.
- Adjust the flame and begin cooking. You’ve selected the spot, lugged all the heavy stuff, and have the stove working. Soon you'll cook your sweetie the meal she won’t forget. You do remember how to cook, don’t you?
- Once the cooking is done, turn off both the burner and the propane tank/bottle. Even though the burner is turned off, the tank or bottle is still on. A leak could cost you your cooking fuel for the weekend, or fill your campervan with carbon monoxide fumes and kill you. Remember to turn both off. In the morning, before breakfast, be the hero, and go outside in the cold to turn it on for her so she can cook you breakfast.
Campervan liquid fuel stoves aren’t difficult, once you’ve learned the steps. Practice a few times before you camp by yourself, with friends or your sweetie. Everyone will be impressed at your expertise. You don’t have to tell them how easy it really is.