How Do I Put Ringtones On My IPhone?
"How do I put ringtones on my iPhone?" is a question might say to yourself when first gripping Apple's new brain-child. Indeed, ringtones on iPhone devices all around the world are being sought after. Who doesn't want brand-spanking-new ringtones on iPhone devices? Without matching performance, those sleek looks are for nothing. So, without further adieu, let's put ringtones on iPhone systems around the globe right now!
You'll need the following to put ringtones on iPhone devices:
- iTunes (compatible with your personal computer)
- USB Connector Cable
- A computer (for permanent use with iTunes)
- $0.99 (which should be transferred to your Apple account)
- Connect the iPhone to the computer. You must designate a specific computer to put the ringtones on iPhone devices. Choose your personal computer if you can't figure out which is best, and make sure it has the most recent version of iTunes on it (downloadable from the Apple Store website). Connect the cable to the computer via the USB port and to the iPhone via its charging input.
- Start up iTunes. The Apple iPhone works directly with iTunes to upload ringtones. If you've already installed iTunes, chances are that there's a shortcut on your desktop or quick-launch toolbar.
- Open up the Apple Store. To put ringtones on iPhone, go ahead and click on the store when iTunes loads up. The store will let you sync a part of a specific song into ringtone format (provided you bought it from them). Go ahead and purchase a song you'd like to make your ringtone from the Apple Store if you haven't already.
- Click on the Ringtone Editor. Select "Create Ringtone" under the Apple Store tab in iTunes. You will now be able to select a portion of the song you've chosen for conversion to ringtone format. Ringtones on iPhone can be a variety of different samples, but they usually contain the chorus of a track.
- Sync. Now that you've created a ringtone for your device, go ahead and click the sync button under the iPhone's tab. This will put both your phone and library into harmony, meaning that all songs/ringtones will be the same on both.
- Edit your iPhone's settings. To finish putting ringtones on iPhone devices, disconnect the phone and open up your settings menu. Click "Sounds", "Ringtone", and then choose a new default ringtone for your iPhone (yours will be listed under 'custom').
iPhones are fun, but they're even more fun with customized sound! Put ringtones on iPhone systems for your friends when you figure yours out, then go ahead and trade new ones you've made. Always be responsible and download music legally.