How Do I Wire My Stereo Speakers To My iPod?
Are you wondering, "how do I wire my stereo speakers to my iPod?" This is very simple to do, and anyone can do it. By spending only a few minutes, and a couple of bucks at the local stereo store, you can avoid the high cost of buying an expensive docking system.
To wire your iPod to your home stereo speaker, you will need:
- Stereo system with a preamp
- 3.5mm to RCA adapter, self-powered
- If you want to attach an iPod to your stereo speakers, you must first make sure the power cord is unplugged. It is never a good idea to attach electronic devices when the power cord is still attached.
- Attach the 3.5 mm to the iPod. Make sure that the 3.5 mm end of your self-powered adapter is attached to the headphones jack of your iPod. Again, make sure that your iPod is powered down.
- Attach the iPod to your preamp using the RCA end of your adapter. Depending on the type, and model of your stereo system, you might have an inputs for AUX IN. This is where you want to attach the RCA adapter. Make sure to match the colors on the plugs to the color on the adapter.
- Now you can plug in your stereo system. Power on your system. You have now attached your iPod to your stereo speakers.
Tip: Do not set your iPod to more than half of its volume. Control the volume by using the stereo volume knob.