You can easily learn how to do a manicure at home. Everyone should practice good hygiene by giving themselves manicures. It’s easy to learn and a great way to have presentable-looking hands. Every time you shake someone’s hand, it is likely they will notice jagged, dirty and unkempt fingers. You definitely don’t want to leave someone with a bad impression. Men can keep their nails up, too. Obviously, you won’t be applying nail polish, but it’s still nice to see a man who takes pride is his hygiene. Maintaining your fingernails is a great way to make a good impression. An at-home manicure can make you feel great, too. Many professional men get manicures all the time. You can achieve well-groomed hands at home without the embarrassment of going to a nail salon. All you need are the right tools to get you started.
In order to do a manicure at home, you will need:
- Bowl of warm to hot water
- Cuticle trimmers
- Hand lotion
- Nail buffer
- Nail brush
- Olive oil
- Nail trimmers
- Prepare your bowl of warm water. Make the water as hot as you can stand. Add a little olive oil to the water. Olive oil is a great moisturizer and really helps dry hands and cuticles. Soak your fingers for fifteen minutes.
- Brush your nails using soap or whatever you have on hand. Make sure you get your cuticles and the entire nail bed.
- Dry your hands off. Trim your nails as you normally do.
- Use the cuticle trimmers to trim your cuticles back as far as possible. Use your nail to push the cuticles back even further.
- Buff your nails using the nail buffer. File over the tops of your nails, making sure they look even.
- Rub hand lotion into your hands and let the lotion penetrate your skin for twenty minutes. Cover your hands with gloves.
- Remove gloves and rinse your hands. Your hands will look noticeably smoother. For best results, you should give yourself a manicure every two weeks in order to maintain great-looking hands.