You can easily learn how to do a manicure at home. Everyone should practice good hygiene by giving themselves manicures. It’s easy to learn and a great way to have presentable-looking hands. Every time you shake someone’s hand, it is likely they will notice jagged, dirty and unkempt fingers. You definitely don’t want to leave someone with a bad impression. Men can keep their nails up, too. Obviously, you won’t be applying nail polish, but it’s still nice to see a man who takes pride is his hygiene. Maintaining your fingernails is a great way to make a good impression. An at-home manicure can make you feel great, too. Many professional men get manicures all the time. You can achieve well-groomed hands at home without the embarrassment of going to a nail salon. All you need are the right tools to get you started.
In order to do a manicure at home, you will need:
- Bowl of warm to hot water
- Cuticle trimmers
- Hand lotion
- Nail buffer
- Nail brush
- Olive oil
- Nail trimmers
- Prepare your bowl of warm water. Make the water as hot as you can stand. Add a little olive oil to the water. Olive oil is a great moisturizer and really helps dry hands and cuticles. Soak your fingers for fifteen minutes.
- Brush your nails using soap or whatever you have on hand. Make sure you get your cuticles and the entire nail bed.
- Dry your hands off. Trim your nails as you normally do.
- Use the cuticle trimmers to trim your cuticles back as far as possible. Use your nail to push the cuticles back even further.
- Buff your nails using the nail buffer. File over the tops of your nails, making sure they look even.
- Rub hand lotion into your hands and let the lotion penetrate your skin for twenty minutes. Cover your hands with gloves.
- Remove gloves and rinse your hands. Your hands will look noticeably smoother. For best results, you should give yourself a manicure every two weeks in order to maintain great-looking hands.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.