How to Do the Master Cleanse
If you want to know how to do the master cleanse, here are some tips on how to get started. This cleanse is known to eliminate toxins from the body, as well as rest and rejuvenate your digestive system. It's something you have to prepare for, but when you're ready, gather the ingredients and get started.
To do the master cleanse, you'll need:
- Plenty of fresh lemon juice
- Pure, Grade B maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper
- Filtered water
- Laxative tea
- Prepare a cup of laxative tea every night at bedtime. This will enable you to go to the bathroom in the morning, which is crucial for the master cleanse to work. In addition to the laxative tea, you can make a salt water flush from 1 liter of room temp. water and 1 tbsp. sea salt. Ensure you have access to a bathroom for the next couple hours.
- Make your lemonade fresh every morning. Mix two tbsp. each of the freshly squeezed lemon juice and maple syrup with one cup of water. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper. You can make enough to last throughout the day, but the master cleanse works best with fresh lemonade.
- Drink lemonade every day as your source of energy. You may also drink as much pure water as you want, but no food is allowed on the master cleanse diet.
- Do the master cleanse for up to a week. When you're ready to stop, drink only fresh squeezed orange juice for the first day. This will help your body get used to a more substantial diet.
- Ease into a regular diet by drinking fresh veggie and fruit juices, along with broth. After a whole day of drinking juices and broth, you can start eating natural foods again.
- The master cleanse will make you go to the bathroom A LOT. Drink the salt water flush at home to prevent any uncomfortable or embarrassing episodes.