How To Do Mma Submissions
Knowing how to do MMA submissions will be helpful if you decide to go the route of becoming a professional in this field or in means to protect yourself from a psychical altercation. MMA is gaining in popularity, but this was never the case in the past. Fights were almost gladiatorial, where fighting with bare knuckles and head butts were normal. The person to change this sport was a Brazilian practitioner Royce Garcie. He utilized Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to submit all his opponents. Knowing how to do MMA submissions should be used with caution because you can severely hurt a person.
Rear naked choke submission. This is one of many MMA submissions you can utilize in the ring and one of the easiest.
- To achieve this submission you will have to go on the opponents back. Begin to effectively apply this submission you will have to maintain control of your opponent by securing your legs in the insides of the persons thighs.
- Wrap your best arm around the opponents neck or whatever feels naturally for you. Your bicep should be at the side of the opponents neck and your forearm should be at the opposite side of your opponents neck, so that your arm has full contact with the neck.
- Have your free hand grabbing hold of the hand that's wrapped around the opponents neck. From this position begin to squeeze your arms together until the opponent passes out or until he taps out.
Guillotine submission. This is the most common MMA submissions you will see, because many opponents who go to take down there opponent to the floor leave their head open to this choke. Similar to a rear naked choke the guillotine will have your opponent tapping or passing out on the floor or while standing up.
- When you see the back of the opponents head, have one arm around the neck. Your bicep should be at the side of the opponents neck and your forearm should be at the throat of the opponent.
- Have your free hand grabbing hold of your other wrist and begin to squeeze upwards. To secure this submission go to the ground in full guard (where your legs are wrapped around the opponents waist).
Triangle choke hold submission. This is one of many MMA submissions you will use to defend yourself if you’re on the floor in full guard.
- You will begin to try and control your opponents wrist. Once you grabbed hold of both wrist push them towards your opponents lower stomach.
- Open your legs and secure one leg on your opponents shoulder and hold this position with your other leg. Raise your hips to lock this position.
- Control the opponents head by using both of your hands and pushing his head down. Quickly open up a leg and place it on the opponents hip; leave your leg there. Shift your hip to apply your calf muscle in the back of the opponents neck.
- Lock this position by lifting your other leg that was on opponents hip so that your foot is underneath your knee. Begin to pull the opponents neck down towards your stomach until your opponent taps out.