By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to do a quick serve in tennis. While this serve is relatively easy to perform, it may take some practice before it is perfected. Practice your quick serve several times before using it in a game setting. Once the serve it perfected, you'll be beating opponents in no time!
Things you'll need to quick serve:
- Tennis racket
- Tennis ball
- Tennis court
- Position your body near the baseline of the court, ideally around one foot behind the line. Make sure not to be too close to the line, as this may cause you to step over it, resulting in a foul.
- Use the fingertips of your free hand to hold the tennis ball. Position your hand in a way so that the ball is facing straight up.
- Bend your knees slightly. Slowly lift up the arm holding the racket. The hand holding the racket should be slightly above and behind your head and the racquet should be tilted away from your body.
- Toss the ball into the air, fully extending your arm as you do so. Make sure not to throw the ball too high as it only needs to be a bit higher than the racket.
- Once the ball gets to its maximal height, extend your legs and bring your racket forward. Use both your arm and wrist to swing the racket, arcing the racket slightly downwards as you bring it through and hit the ball.
- Practice this serve several times. Make sure you feel comfortable with it before using it in game settings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?