Believe it or not, you don’t have to be a classically trained dancer to know how to do the robot dance. All it takes is a little practice, and before you know it, you’ll be melting hearts on the dance floor. So put on some polyester pants and follow this easy instructions!
To successfully do the robot dance, you will need:
- Some form of dance music, preferably something that references robots (such as "Mr. Roboto" by Styx).
Now, on to the steps:
- Keep your back nice and taut. Remember, robots don't have vertebrae and the whole point of doing the robot dance is to emulate a robot's movements. Essentially, the success of the robot dance is measured by how robotically accurate your movements are. And keeping your back as firm and tense as possible is the lynchpin of this signature dance move.
- Bend your arms at the elbow in a 90 degree angle. With both arms bent, slowly raise them, one at a time, so that your open palm is reaching eye level. This is an essential move to the robot dance that closely resembles a chopping motion. Alternate raising arms throughout the duration of the dance and remember to keep the pace slow.
- Slowly pivot your head from right to left. At the same slow pace that you're raising your arms, you'll want to swivel your head from one direction to the next, continually repeating the motion. It's also important to remember to keep your neck and head as upright and taut as possible. This completes the upper-body portion of the robot dance, and as an added bonus, is a great way to scope out the competition on the dance floor.
- If you're up for the challenge, start walking while you combine the first three steps. It is perfectly acceptable to keep your robot dance stationary, but for more advanced robot dancers, it may be worthwhile to start walking around, as you'll meet more potential robot companions. Of course, you'll need to walk slowly, taking each step as slowly as the pace of your other movements. Basically, as you raise one arm, take a step, keeping your legs bent at the knee in a 45 degree angle.
- If you want to show off, bend at the waist. This last touch is a great way to let everyone know you've mastered the robot dance. While still keeping your back taut, combine all the steps and occasionally bend at the waist in a 45 degree angle. While in this bent position, feel free to let your arm, still held in a 90 degree angle, swing back and forth like a pendulum. And if you truly want to show off, there's no better way to end the robot dance than with a robotic bow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!