How To Do Rockabilly Hairdos
If you love the rockabilly style of the 1940's, that has made a resurgence when the "Stray Cats" became popular, you will want to learn how to do rockabilly hairdos. Whether you choose to live your life according to the rockabilly lifestyle, or you just need to learn how to do rockabilly hairstyles for a special event, these steps will help you get the look you want.
Things you will need to learn how to do rockabilly hairdos include:
- A good haircut
- Hair gel
- Hair beeswax
- Blow dryer
- Guys and girls who want to do rockabilly hairdos should first start out with the appropriate haircut. Make sure you request the type of haircut that is versatile enough to style into a rockabilly look, as well as for when you need a more conservative look.
- Wash you hair thoroughly before you decide to do rockabilly hairdos. You will need to remove all traces of old styling products before you can fashion your new hairdo. After washing your hair, apply your hair gel and blow dry your hair straight back. While your hair is still damp, apply a little more gel to the roots of your hair and then bend over while drying your hair. This will lift the roots and add height to your hair.
- After your hair is dry and has some added height, apply beeswax to it to get it to stand up higher. Do not apply too much of the beeswax, because the weight of it might cause your hair to flop and undo your efforts when you try to do rockabilly hairdos.
- Slick the sides of your hair back with hair gel to achieve a smooth, slick look. Remember, when you want to do rockabilly hairdos, the look you want is a lot of sheen and shine to the sides of your hair.
- After you are satisfied with your style, spray your hair with hairspray. When you do rockabilly hairdos, you need enough hairspray to ensure that your new style doesn't flop.