With the resurgence of psychobilly and rockabilly music, it seems everyone's interested in how to do rockabilly hairstyles. Surprisingly, they aren't that hard to pull off and, when done right, rockabilly hairstyles look great. So how do you "do the do?" It's easy. In fact, we can show you how to do rockabilly hairstyles in just a few simple steps.
- Get the right haircut. Before he starts cutting, make sure you discuss rockabilly hairstyles with your barber. Most stylists know what a pompadour is, but you want to make sure you don't get the one who doesn't! If you're unsure, a good tip is to take a couple of pictures in for reference. Be sure to stress whether you want one of the conservative rockabilly hairstyles or if you're going for a pompadour, as they do have different cuts.
- Choose your look for the occasion. Rockabilly hairstyles can be worn in a few different ways. Do you want your hair parted or unparted? Do you prefer the slicked-back look or the pompadour? If you're going in to the office, you may want to tame it down a bit, while a messy bedhead pompadour looks great for a night at the club.
- Use pomade for a cool slicked-back look. Ever wonder why they used to call them greasers? Be sure to wash your hair first, then apply a liberal amount of pomade to your damp hair and comb through. If you just want it slicked back, you're done. If you're going for the slick Elvis pompadour, comb the front up and the rest back before using your hand to push forward slightly on the top of your hair. This will give it some lift and achieve that wedge profile you want.
- Use a blow dryer for the mile-high pompadour. If you're going for one of those gravity-defying Japanese rockabilly hairstyles, you'll want to pull out the hair dryer and a good maximum hold styling gel. Apply the gel at the roots of your wet hair and then bend over, blow-drying your hair upside down. Once you have it standing up, use some spray on firming gel to keep it in place.
- Don't apply pomade to dirty hair. It can make your scalp itchy and no one wants an itchy Elvis.
- Don't comb your pompadour straight back if you want the front to stand up. For best results, comb the front of your pompadour straight up and then blend it in with the back.
- Don't panic if you can't get all the grease out of your hair. Dawn dish washing liquid not only cleans your dishes and helps save oily wildlife, it also takes grease right out of your hair.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!