How To Do Skateboard Tricks
Learn about how to do skateboard tricks and be on your way to performing these moves like an expert in no time. Learn a few basic tricks and build your repertoire of skills from there. Most skateboarders learn basic, easier tricks first and practice more advanced moves as they improve.
- Start with learning to do skateboard tricks that are easier. For instance, learn how to ollie, a simple technique for jumping. The ollie is a very basic skateboard trick which takes only a limited amount of time to learn and perfect. Once you've learned to ollie, practice doing it in different circumstances before moving on to the next trick.
- Learn to do the manual, another basic skateboarding trick in which you balance on just two wheels. Do a basic manual on the back two wheels or try a nose manual where you balance on the front two wheels.
- Learn to do other skateboard tricks by trying variations and combinations of those you know. For instance, try turning or doing an ollie during a manual. Play with the tricks you know and come up any combination you like.
- Be open to suggestions and lessons from others to do skateboard tricks quickly and easily. The best way to learn a new technique or trick is often from a fellow skateboarder. A short conversation and a demonstration or two is often enough to do the trick.
- Look for videos online describing how to do skateboard tricks. Videos provide detailed instructions and can be found all over the Internet. If you just can't figure out how to perform a certain trick, try looking it up online and following the instructions in a short video.
- Be persistent. Patience pays off when learning how to do skateboard tricks. Keep practicing and it will happen sooner than you think. Some skateboard tricks are just harder to learn, but anyone willing to put the time and effort into it can perfect their method of how to do a skateboard trick.