How To Do Soccer Tricks
Learning how to do soccer tricks can be both fun and frustrating. There are many soccer tricks to learn. Many if not all were devised by skilled and professional players as means to get a foot up on defenders. The skill level of soccer around the world in phenomenal and you can always rely on speed or basic skills to beat a defender. Soccer tricks are a means of beating a defender and for purpose of entertainment and pleasing the crowds.
There are quite a few soccer tricks you can perform, so for this article; we will examine two of the most popular tricks. These tricks can be done on a field or street, but are not considered freestyle.
- What you will need to perform soccer tricks:
- Soccer ball
- Room to perform (grass or turf to mimic field conditions)
- Comfortable clothing (your soccer uniform)
How to perform soccer tricks:
- Place the ball in motion either by dribble of short lead pass to yourself.
- Place your lead foot on top of the soccer ball.
- Walk over the ball with your other foot, leaving you lead foot on top.
- During this time, rotate your body in the direction you want to go.
- Move your lead foot off the soccer ball and with your other foot initiate contact pushing the ball in the direction you are facing.
This is an excellent tool for changing directions on the fly. The technique is quite advanced though there are few steps to pull it off. Quickness and full control is key here.
- Dribble the ball forward. This can also be done with a stationary ball.
- Decide which direct you want to take the ball to move past your opponent
- From the plant foot swing the opposite foot. This will depend on the direction you want to take the soccer ball
- Your foot should pass over the soccer ball as if you were moving in that direction
- Now with your plant foot, quickly dribble the opposite direction of the foot you used to juke your opposite
This is a basic soccer trick used to move your opponent in the opposite direction you plan on carrying the soccer ball.