How To Do Step Aerobics Exercises
Learning how to do step aerobics exercises is easy and can give you a full body workout. Step aerobics is a great cardiovascular exercise that will get you fit and keep you fit. There are various moves and routines that are involved in this aerobic exercise, but you can build upon those once you learn the basics of step aerobics. Follow these instructions to learn how to do step aerobic exercises and be on your way to a healthy body.
To do step aerobic exercises you need:
- step aerobics platforms
- comfortable gym shoes
- good music
- Purchase a step aerobics platform. Your local sporting goods store is a great place to buy a step platform. These platforms will allow you to adjust the heights, weight, and sizes of them to fit whatever aerobic exercise routine that you want to do.
- Make sure your gym shoes have a good arch support. Your shoes need to be comfortable since you will constantly putting a lot of pressure on your feet throughout the duration of the step aerobic exercises. Also, be sure to wear comfortable clothing.
- Begin to get use to the step aerobics platform. Step up and down onto the step platform with one foot at a time to get used to the feel of it. Make sure that your foot is resting completely flat on the platform ever time you step on it.
- Learn the basic step routines. A good place for beginners to start at is to learn the basic right to left, the split basic, and over the top routines. If you need assistance in learning how to do these basic step aerobic exercises routines refer to your manual or purchase a basic step DVD.
- Play music during your step exercises. Music will help to motivate you and keep you excited during your step routine. Be creative with your exercising and switch up your moves for more fun.
- As you get more experienced with you step aerobic exercises increase the difficulty of your routines. These more experienced routines can add variety by including some kicks and turns into your workout.