How To Do Step Aerobics
How to do step aerobics are a great way to get tone and fit, especially if you aren't a member of a gym. Step aerobics are mobile and can, just about, be done anywhere. Here are some basics "steps" to take in doing step aerobics.
What you will need to do step aerobics:
- Exercise clothing
- Stair Stepper
- Weights (optional)
- Begin with a warm up. Before starting any exercise, it is important to remember to warm up those muscles for the work they are about to do. Stretch your legs and move them around to warm them up.
- Walk in place. With the stair stepper in front of you, walk in place. Its important to do this step because you gain your own momentum and find your rhythm.
- Begin routine. Once you feel comfortable with your pace, step up with one foot and lift your body. Then step back down. Change the foot you step up with and repeat.
- Change up your routine. Instead of just stepping up and down, you can step side to side. Or even add a hop when you step up. Any way you choose to change your step aerobics routine is up to you and what you feel comfortable with. If you'd like to add ankle weights or small hand weights, this will add to your workload and make for a much more intense workout.
- Take a breather. Because step aerobics is so cardio focused it's important to remember to take a moment to focus on breathing. Keep moving so you don't want to stop all together. It's suggested to walk in place and keep your arms over your head in order to open up your lungs and let more air in. Letting more air into your body will help with circulating blood flow.