Want to learn how to do a suicide breakdance move? Be warned, suicides are tricky and aren't for beginners. You need to be able to flip forward first. When a dancer performs a suicide breakdance move, she rolls forward, pushes herself to the side and then lands flat on her back. The suicide breakdance move is tricky because if the dancer positions any part of her body incorrectly, she can be hurt pretty badly. When you first start learning the suicide move, practice on a gym mat or carpeted surface and have a friend spot you.
- Start learning the suicide breakdance move by staying close to the ground. Bend at the knees, getting as close to the floor as you can. Tuck your chin into your chest so that you don't hurt your neck and cross your arms over your body.
- Slowly roll your back onto the floor, starting at your lower back and working your way up to your neck. You want your entire back to be flat. As you flatten your back, lift your legs into the air, so that they stick up at a 90 degree angle. Cross your legs at the ankles.
- Push your arms into the floor, slapping it with your palms, so that you break your fall.
- Repeat steps 1-3, except leap into the air, about a foot or so off the ground, before bending at the knees. Be extremely careful landing on your back when you try this variation of the suicide breakdance move. Continue to repeat the first three steps, jumping higher each time.
- When you feel ready, jump as high as you can and flip in the air. Make sure you still land flat on your back. You can bring the legs down to the ground after you flip, instead of keeping them raised. The full suicide breakdance move is a great way to end a series of moves.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …