People do a three day detox diet to detoxify their bodies. The detox diet helps rid the body of toxins and let the liver recover, since it is the organ that filters toxins. Some people like to do a detox diet to prevent illness and others use it as a treatment to help with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, and other illnesses.
To do the three day detox diet, you will need:
- Filtered water
- Steamed vegetables
- Fresh fruit
- Brown rice
- Talk to your doctor, especially if you are diabetic. First, it's important to make sure you are healthy enough to do this detoxifiying diet. People with diabetes especially need to discuss this diet with a doctor.
- Eliminate some foods and drinks for a week. It's important to prepare your body for the detox diet. For a week before the three-day detox diet, stop drinking or eating anything with caffeine, alcohol, red meat, foods with sugar, and junk food.
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day for a week. Be sure to drink plenty of water, as much as 10 glasses per day the week before starting the three-day detox diet.
- Eating on the three day detox diet. During the three days, eat light meals consisting of only steamed vegetables, fresh fruit, and a small serving of brown rice at meals. Drink only filtered water.
- Exercise to release toxins. By exercising each day during the three day detox diet you will sweat out harmful toxins from your body.
- Eating after the three day detox diet. Gradually ease back into eating your regular foods. Continue eating mostly fruits and vegetables Add soup and other light food menu items. Continue drinking enough water every day.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …