How To Do A Toe Touch
Learning how to do a toe touch properly is important if you want to stretch your lower back muscles as well as your legs. You can incorporate a few toe touches into your daily exercise routine. Daily exercise keeps your body fit and healthy.
You will need the following items:
- Exercise outfit
- Flat surface
Follow these steps to do a toe touch:
- Stand tall and straight. Place your arms down your sides and your legs together. This is your starting position.
- Take a deep breath.
- Tighten your stomach and start lowering the top half of your body. Place your arms together in front of you. Stop when you reach your toes.
- Let the air out of your lungs as you go down to touch your toes.
- Hold your toe touch position for ten seconds.
- Raise your body back up as slowly as you lowered it.
- Inhale as you go back up.
- Rest for five seconds when you get back to your starting position.
- Repeat your toe touch five to ten times.
Tips: If you can't reach all the way down to your toes, just go as far as you can. After you work on this each day, you will begin to notice that you will be able to reach farther. If you are really flexible, you can touch the floor instead of your toes.
Warning: Do not bend your knees when you are doing a toe touch. That would keep your from properly stretching your back and legs. Also, do not bounce up and down when you are touching your toes.