How To Do Wakeboard Tricks
If you have mastered board control, then you are ready to learn how to do wakeboard tricks. There are a variety of tricks that you can learn. However, when you're first starting out, it's best to stick to the basic tricks. Once those are perfected, you can move on to harder moves.
To do wakeboard tricks, you will need:
- A boat
- Life vest
- Surface 180 – This will be the most basic trick to start with when you are first learning how to do wakeboard tricks. In order to do it, you must switch which foot is forward. This is done by switching the handle from one hip to the other at the same that you are switching your feet.
- Wake Grind – When you're first learning how to do wakeboard tricks, this will be another easy one to start with. Before attempting, make sure that you have a good handle on your board and that you start on the outside of the wake. Then, approach the wake and turn your body so that you are facing the boat. As you're on top of the wake, push in the direction of the boat. This will be done using your back foot.
- Nose Grab – This is another relatively easy trick to learn when you're first figuring out how to do wakeboard tricks. In order to do it, you must use the wake to gain air. As you're in the air, you will need to grab the nose of the wakeboard. Make sure to let it go before you land. Keep in mind that timing is essential when it comes to this trick.
- Bel Air – If you're ready to learn how to do wakeboard tricks that are more advanced, this would be one of them. It is a type of back flip. In order to do it, make sure that you have a lot of speed. Once you have enough speed, reach the edge of the wake and throw a back flip.
- No-hands – This is one of the hardest wakeboard tricks to learn. To do it, you must lock the handle between your knees. You don't want to lose it, so make sure to clench your knees hard. If done successfully, you will be riding hands-free.