How To Do Without My Love
Learning how to do without your love can be a very difficult task. Whether you have lost love through divorce, a broken engagement or just breaking up, it is never easy to do without, at least not at first. With some hard work and new life strategies, you will get past losing your love and learn to live without her.
- Use honesty. You need to be honest with yourself about the love you lost and how the relationship was. If it ended, chances are there is a reason for it. Avoid idealizing every little thing about the relationship and it will be easier to do without.
- Move forward. Do not focus on the love you lost and need to do without. Instead, give yourself some positive life goals and start working toward them.
- Focus on your own needs. You might have spent a great deal of the relationship focusing on your partner’s needs. Now that your love is gone, you can now focus on yourself. Take a vacation, buy yourself something you want or even change up your wardrobe to help you feel like a new man.
- Stay away from your ex. Avoid calling her, e-mailing her and definitely seeing her. You may idealize the idea of being friends so you can keep her in your life, but this can hurt your ability to move on and do without your love.
- Trust yourself and others. Even though you were hurt by someone you loved, you need to learn to be vulnerable again. Start by trusting yourself to be strong and then work on trusting the women you date.
- Stop calling her your love. If you want to learn to do without your love, you need to start thinking of her differently. She is not yours anymore, and if she does not love you, then you need to stop loving her. The relationship you thought exited does not, and it is time to move on.