How Do You Change The Battery In A Men's Invicta Watch?
How do you change the battery in a men's Invicta watch? There are several ways that Invicta uses to hold the case back on the case of their watches. Some models will use a screw down case back, some will use a press fit case back, and some will use screws to hold the case back to the case. This article will discuss each method.
Items needed to replace the battery in an Invicta watch will include:
- Case back wrench
- Screw drivers
- Case knife
- Cotton gloves
- Plastic tweezers
- Paper cup
- Battery tester
- Soft clean cloths
- Watch holder
The process to replace the battery in an Invicta watch will go as follows:
- Put watch in holder. If you have a case holder, put the watch in it. If not, lay it on a soft clean cloth to protect the crystal.
- Remove case back. Use the appropriate tools to remove the case back. If the watch has a screw in case back, you will use the case back wrench. You can tell this type by its regularly spaced slots along the edge of the case back to fit the case wrench in. If there are several small screws holding the case back in place, use the screw driver which fits perfectly in the screw head. If there is a small slot along the edge between the case back and case, it is a press fit case back and you will use the case knife to open it. Slip the case knife in the slot and twist it in a manner similar to opening an oyster.
- Find and remove battery. Find the battery in its battery box. It will be held in place by some type of clip. You may need to remove the clip with the tweezers or a screwdriver, or you may simply have to slip the battery out from under a finger type clip. Make sure to note how the battery is placed as you will need to put the new one back in the exact same way.
- Clean battery box. Use a soft cloth and clean the battery box of any dust. If there is corrosion present, take the watch into a watchmaker for inspection.
- Test battery. Use the battery tester and test the battery. If it is dead, replace it; if it is not, take the watch to a watchmaker for inspection.
- Buy battery. Take the number from the old battery and buy a new one. In some rare cases, the old number will no longer be in use. If this is the case, you will be given an alternate number battery to buy.
- Install new battery. Use the plastic tweezers or wear cotton gloves and put the new battery in place. Take care not to use bare fingers as finger oils can corrode the battery or cause it to short out. Replace the battery retention device.
- Press reset button. If there is a reset button on the watch movement, press it to reset the watch. It is often a small gold button and you can use a toothpick or a similar device to press it.
- Replace case back. Using the correct tool, replace the case back on the case. Take care not to damage any case back gasket, or it will no longer be water resistant.
- Set watch. Using the proper procedure, set the watch's time and date,
There, you have successfully replaced the battery in your Invicta watch. Now, you can enjoy it for many more years. Do not forget to wipe off any fingerprints you got on the case with a soft cloth so it looks as good as possible.