How Do You Change Your iTunes Iphone Name?
So you’ve created a really lame iTunes iPhone name for your phone, and now you’re wondering, “how do you change your iTunes iPhone name?” The good news is that this process is very simple, yet it’s not so obvious. If you’re ready to slap a better iTunes iPhone name on your phone for iTunes, read on.
To change your iTunes iPhone name, you will need:
- Open iTunes. This process must be completed within iTunes because it can’t be completed from your phone or anywhere else. So, for starters, make sure iTunes is open and running on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Using your USB cord, make sure that your iPhone is connected to the computer so that iTunes can detect it. iTunes will have to sync your phone with the computer, so allow this process to complete before proceeding.
- Once you’ve connected your phone, you should see your phone appear on the left pane of the iTunes window. Whatever previous name you’ve chosen for it should appear with a charging symbol next to it. If you see this appear, then you’ve connected your phone properly.
- Click on the name of your iPhone. Simply click it and wait about 1 second, and then click it again. You’ll notice that the name will change to a text box that you can type in! Simply hit the backspace on your keyboard, and you’ll be free to change your iTunes iPhone name to whatever you’d like.
- Once you’re finished typing, click anywhere outside the text box. This will complete the re-naming of your iPhone, and you will have officially changed your iTunes iPhone name quickly and painlessly.