These are instructions on how to clean a stainless steel sink. Stainless steel is a metallic surface that is, unfortunately, prone to scratches. Over time, this "look" will become part of the finish of your sink. However, if this is not a look that you like, it's best to stay away from a stainless steel sink. Most dirt and stains can be cleaned with warm soapy water or an ammonia based cleaner with a soft washcloth.
- Disinfect your stainless steel sink. For disinfecting your stainless steel sink, use a diluted household bleach formula such as one part water and one part bleach and then wipe the surface.
- Maintain your stainless steel sink. Maintaining your stainless steel sink can be achieved by filling your sink one quarter full with a fifty fifty water and bleach solution. Let the solution stand for fifteen minutes and then wash the bottom and sides of the sink and rinse thoroughly.
- Vinegar, a common household product can also be used to clean your stainless steel sink. Pour vinegar onto a moistened soft cloth. Clean and polish the dirt or grease spot by rubbing in the direction of the polish lines. Then rinse with warm water and dry.
- Removing grease, dirt and food stains from your stainless steel sink. Dish washing liquid can also be used to remove grease, dirt and food stains. Ivory or Dawn are good brands to use.
- Removing fingerprints. To remove fingerprints from your stainless steel sink use glass cleaner and wipe with a paper towel or a rag. Fingerprints are removed instantly. Commercial polishers can help with tough stains. But make sure to use products especially for stainless steel.
- Removing rust spots from your stainless steel sink. For those tough rust spots use a mixture of cream of tartar and lemon juice. Make a paste with the two ingredients and rub vigorously on the rust spot. Then rinse and towel dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.