How Do You Create A Group On Facebook?
If you are wondering how do you create a group on Facebook, you can learn in just a few short minutes. Once created, you can invite your friends, make new friends and discuss related topics. You can create a group to support your favorite band, to talk about your favorite television show or to take a stand on a political issue.
To create a group on Facebook, you will need:
- Group idea
- Facebook account
- Decide on a group. Think about the type of group that you want to create. Use the Facebook search box to see if a similar group exists. If so, you may want to consider changing the name or creating a different group.
- Log in to your Facebook account. Sign up with Facebook if you do not have one. Spend a few weeks making new friends and adding old friends to your profile. To create a group on Facebook, you need to invite people to it.
- Click the “Profile” tab. This is on the top of the page. This tab will take you to your profile.
- Scroll down your profile page. Look for the “Groups” section in your profile. Click “Select All” to create a group on Facebook.
- Wait for a “My Groups” window to appear. This shows the groups you joined, and any pending invitations you may have. Click the link to “Create a New Group.”
- Enter your group information. This is the beginning step to create a group on Facebook. Here, you will enter your group name, network, description and category. Optional information includes email address, recent news and office details.
- Click the “Create Group” button. You will now be at the customize section. Specify the number of members you want in your group, upload a picture to represent your group, and create a URL to your group. After you publish this information, the member information will load.
- Invite your friends to your Facebook group. Place a checkmark next to the friends you think would be interested in your group. You can also invite people who are not on Facebook by entering their email addresses.
- After you create a group on Facebook, you can maintain it by selecting group officers, sending messages to members and keep certain members.
- To delete your Facebook group, you need to delete all members and remove yourself.