How Do You Fall In Love?
Has the question, “how do you fall in love?” been creeping into your mind lately? Maybe you’ve never actually been in love and are wondering if you are even capable of falling in love. Alternatively, perhaps you’ve been in love before and have had your heart broken. Are you wary of letting someone slip into your soul again? If you are willing to try, there are some very specific things you can do to learn how do you fall in love.
- Find someone and open your heart. How do you fall in love with the one you’re with if you cannot get past old heartbreaks? This will eventually drive your love interest away. Let them see all the warts and be yourself.
- Let go of the past and the negative. If you want to answer the question of “how do you fall in love,” you must open yourself up to all the endless possibilities that you have been denying yourself. Put away your doubts, pride, sophistication and street cred, but you may keep your patience, open spirit and dignity.
- Take your time. Let’s assume you have been going to events, parties. Maybe you’ve had friends introduce you to people. Don’t rush into anything, but be friendly, even if you are not knocked out by anyone so far. If you are developing an attraction for someone, let them know that you have substance and depth, but do not immediately mention past hurtful relationships. Let things unfold naturally and you will be able to fall in love.
- Realize that not everyone is your soul mate. Wipe the slate clean and begin anew in order to learn how to fall in love. Be aware of potential people around you; but try not to have impatient expectations. A watched pot of water never boils. Have fun; but be aware that just because you find romance, this person may not be right for you. If you think they are, continue reading.
- Open the doors and watch the weather. Imagine yourself as a house. It sounds funny, but hang on and just do it. Pack away the old hurts in a suitcase. It may be difficult, but try. Now, open up all the doors and windows. Open them wide. Think of your potential lover as the weather. Basking in their sunshine will teach you “how do you fall in love” as it comes in through your windows. Will the sunshine sometimes appear as a thunderstorm? Sure, clouds will come in at times, but wait! Don’t close your shutters, even if the gusts of winds send your furniture flying and the pictures topple off of your walls. Storms do not last forever; that sunshine will again beguile you. Just watch the weather unfold and marvel at the changes.
- Time to share. The question, how do you fall in love depends on if you can share your dreams, as well as your fears. Be naive, but smart. This means opening yourself like a flower, but only if they understand and believe in you. They must be worthy of holding on to your most valuable asset: your heart.
- Give yourself fully; receive wholeheartedly. It is vital that YOU believe you are worth of love. Being able to receive love is just as important as giving it. Believe in yourself and your new relationship. Do not take it lightly and celebrate the fact that you can once again be in love. You just have to believe that you deserve it.