So how do you grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball? The answer is simple when you follow these simple and effective pitching techniques. For starters, the key to a good rise ball is practice. The main reason a rise ball is such an effective pitch is because it will oftentimes cause batters to either pop up or strike out. After all, who can't resist swinging after a lightning fast pitch that is staring you in the eyes?
A good riser ends up higher than it does when it first came out of your hand. The trick to a good riser is not necessarily the grip, but in the delivery. The more wrist action you have, the more movement the ball will have.
Below is a list of materials you will need as well instructions to follow. Your question of "how do you grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball?" will no longer be a mystery.
Materials You Will Need:
- Clay or dirt from the field
Instructions—How Do You Grip a Rise Ball in Fastpitch Softball?
- Pick up some clay or dirt from the field. Make sure to get your hand nice and dirty.
- The extra dirt will allow you to grip the ball better. Place your fingers, so that they are perpendicular to the seams of the softball.
- Go into your windup. When you go into your wind up have your palm the same way as you would when you pitch a regular pitch.
- As you pass your hip, twist the wrist upward. Do this in an exaggerated motion (as if you screwing in the gas cap on your car).
- Release the ball. The ball should rise as it approaches the plate.
Practice this pitch repeatedly a few times a week. Before you know it, you will have another strategic pitch to use in your softball game. When you learn how to grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball you will have a valuable pitch that you can use to help you get out of a bind.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.