So how do you grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball? The answer is simple when you follow these simple and effective pitching techniques. For starters, the key to a good rise ball is practice. The main reason a rise ball is such an effective pitch is because it will oftentimes cause batters to either pop up or strike out. After all, who can't resist swinging after a lightning fast pitch that is staring you in the eyes?
A good riser ends up higher than it does when it first came out of your hand. The trick to a good riser is not necessarily the grip, but in the delivery. The more wrist action you have, the more movement the ball will have.
Below is a list of materials you will need as well instructions to follow. Your question of "how do you grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball?" will no longer be a mystery.
Materials You Will Need:
- Clay or dirt from the field
Instructions—How Do You Grip a Rise Ball in Fastpitch Softball?
- Pick up some clay or dirt from the field. Make sure to get your hand nice and dirty.
- The extra dirt will allow you to grip the ball better. Place your fingers, so that they are perpendicular to the seams of the softball.
- Go into your windup. When you go into your wind up have your palm the same way as you would when you pitch a regular pitch.
- As you pass your hip, twist the wrist upward. Do this in an exaggerated motion (as if you screwing in the gas cap on your car).
- Release the ball. The ball should rise as it approaches the plate.
Practice this pitch repeatedly a few times a week. Before you know it, you will have another strategic pitch to use in your softball game. When you learn how to grip a rise ball in fastpitch softball you will have a valuable pitch that you can use to help you get out of a bind.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.