How do you make a baseball seam bracelet? If you have a passion for baseball, you may be wondering how to make an accessory to show your passion. Maybe you’ve seen a baseball seam bracelet on another crazy fan, or maybe you want to make a special accessory for your favorite little slugger. While baseball seam bracelets can be made by carefully removing the covering of a baseball, a safer and cleaner-looking alternative follows.
To make a baseball seam bracelet, you will need:
- White fabric paint
- Two 6 1/4 by 3/4-inch strips of leather
- A pencil
- A 1/8-inch hole punch
- A ruler
- A utility knife
- Red cotton cord
- A 1/2-inch red shank button
- Fabric glue
- Paint the top of the strips of leather with white fabric paint. Choose fabric paint that you can brush on, rather than squeeze bottles, for the best result. If squeeze paint is all you can find, use a brush to smooth out the paint as you go. Let dry.
- Measure three-quarters of an inch from all four ends of the leather strips. Make a hole in the center point of this space. Use your ruler to make a center line from hole to hole on one of the strips. This will be the top of your bracelet.
- Evenly measure fourteen spots on each half of the leather strip with the center line. Use the hole punch to make holes at each of the 28 marks. Punch the holes evenly in the center of each side of the strip of leather.
- Use your utility knife to carefully cut the center line. Do not cut into the end hole or go through any of the 28 holes on the strip.
- Thread the red button onto the 30-inch length of red cord. Fold the cord in half so that the button is in the direct center. Put both ends of the cord through one of the end holes on the piece of leather with the 28 holes and slit up the middle.
- Lace the red cord by threading the cord ends up through the holes and back down together through the slit. This will mimic the lacing on a baseball. When you reach the end, bring the two ends of the cord together and through the end hole. Knot the ends together an inch from the hole.
- Finish the baseball seam bracelet. Glue the second piece of leather to the back of the laced leather, matching the unpainted sides together.
- Wrap your baseball seam bracelet around your wrist. Connect the ends by looping the red cord around the button.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.