How do you make the lime rice from Chipotle? If you like the lime rice from Chipotle, you may want to learn how to make it at home. The light, nutty flavor of Indian basmati rice combines with the fresh taste of lime juice and cilantro for a delicious, colorful side dish for a variety of Mexican entrees. Try serving Chipotle lime rice with spicy Mexican chicken and refried beans.
To make lime rice from Chipotle, you will need:
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Juice of one lime (about 2 tbsp.)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- A heavy two-quart saucepan with lid
Melt the butter over medium-low heat. Sautee the raw rice for about one minute. This coats the individual grains with butter, helping to improve the flavor and texture of the rice in the finished dish.
- Add the lime juice, salt and water. Cover the pan and bring the rice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer the rice for about 25 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the cilantro. Taste the rice; if the lime juice is too sour, add a bit of sugar.
To add some more fiber and vitamins to Chipotle's original dish, try substituting brown basmati rice for the white basmati and increasing the water to 1 1/3 cups.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.