How Do You Make Lime Rice From Chipotle
How do you make the lime rice from Chipotle? If you like the lime rice from Chipotle, you may want to learn how to make it at home. The light, nutty flavor of Indian basmati rice combines with the fresh taste of lime juice and cilantro for a delicious, colorful side dish for a variety of Mexican entrees. Try serving Chipotle lime rice with spicy Mexican chicken and refried beans.
To make lime rice from Chipotle, you will need:
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Juice of one lime (about 2 tbsp.)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- A heavy two-quart saucepan with lid
Melt the butter over medium-low heat. Sautee the raw rice for about one minute. This coats the individual grains with butter, helping to improve the flavor and texture of the rice in the finished dish.
- Add the lime juice, salt and water. Cover the pan and bring the rice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer the rice for about 25 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the cilantro. Taste the rice; if the lime juice is too sour, add a bit of sugar.
To add some more fiber and vitamins to Chipotle's original dish, try substituting brown basmati rice for the white basmati and increasing the water to 1 1/3 cups.