How do you make orange cream Jello shots, you ask? Find out how and recreate a grown up version of that orange ice cream popsicle treat you loved as kid. The richness of the vanilla cream enveloped with tart, sweet orange coating fills the bill for dessert with a kick.
Ingredients you'll need:
- One package orange Jello
- Half cup boiling water
- Half cup crushed ice
- Half cup heavy cream
- Half tsp. vanilla
- Half cup vodka
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Shot glasses
- Put the vodka in the freezer overnight. It should be slushy, but not frozen. The high alcohol content will keep the vodka from freezing. Use a citrus, lemon or orange infused vodka. What's the point of the shot glass if there's no vodka?
- Empty the Jello mixture into a bowl. Microwave the half cup of water on high for two to three minutes or until the water boils. Exactly how long this step will take depends on your individual microwave. The water must be boiling.
- Combine the Jello and water and stir until the Jello is completely dissolved. You shouldn't be able to see any sugar crystals or bits of gelatin in the liquid.
- Add crushed ice and stir until ice has melted. This step cools the liquid so you can add the cream without having it warm up. Add the cream and the vanilla.
- Don't forget the vodka. Add vodka and stir once more.
- Pour the orange cream Jello mixture into a measuring cup with a lip. It will be much easier to pour the mixture into shot glasses. If you don't have enough shot glasses, use four ounce clear plastic cups.
- Make half and half shots for a change. Don't add the cream but add the vodka. Fill glasses half way with the mixture. Place in the fridge until the first layer firms up. Add the cream to the remaining orange and vodka Jello.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.