Do you want to know how do you make a turkey and chicken sandwich that will fill you up and make your taste buds explode with flavor? There are a couple of sandwich secrets that this recipe will show you that will answer that question. Turkey and chicken sandwiches are not only healthier than other luncheon meat sandwiches but can be as filling as a plate dinner. This turkey and chicken sandwich makes a complete meal when served with soup, chips, or a potato or pasta salad. You can also enjoy this sandwich as a snack by cutting it into. halves or quarters and securing with toothpicks each piece before wrapping the rest of it up and putting it in the refrigerator.
To make a turkey and chicken sandwich, you'll need:
- Two slices of marbled rye bread, toasted
- One tbsp. of mayonnaise or salad dressing
- One slice of jellied cranberry sauce
- Dash of lime juice
- Four slices of chicken roll
- Four slices of turkey breast
- One thin slice of pepperjack cheese
- Two tbsps. of creamy Cole slaw .
- Two to Four thin slices of tomato
- Combine mayonnaise with cranberry sauce and lime. Mix well making sure mixture is not too runny.
- Toast bread and smear cream mixture over both slices of bread.
- Add chicken roll slices and turkey breast slices along with the cheese on one slice of bread.
- Top with tomato slices and Cole slaw. Add second slice of bread.
- Have napkin or paper towel ready as this is a great but sloppy sandwich.
- You can turn this into a hot sandwich by heating the turkey and chicken and replacing the Cole slaw with some hot sauerkraut.
- If you prefer another type of cheese, simply replace the pepperjack with your favorite.
- You can use very thin slices of turkey and chicken from leftovers you have instead of luncheon meats from the deli. This works better on hot sandwiches.
- You can replace the marbled rye for bagels, rye, or pumpernickel.