You want to know how to polish your car headlights on the inside. Cleaning the headlights on the inside is more work than cleaning the headlights on the outside of your car. It is not a simple job, but cleaning the headlights on the inside is workable.
What You Will Need:
- Cleaning cloths
- Dishwashing detergent
- Philips screwdriver
- Friend to hold the light
- sponge or metal scrubber
- liquid car polish
- Park your car in your driveway. Shut off your car and let it cool down. Open the hood of the car. Secure the hood with the safety handle. Locate the inside of your headlights.
- Take your screwdriver and take out screws to pull the headlight up out of the car. This will be different with each car. Unplug the electrical cords. Make sure everything is unplugged so you can pull the headlight out of the car. You can have a friend help you hold the headlight. If you do not have a friend available, be extra careful with removing the headlights.
- Put all screws in a safe place. You will need the screws to replace your headlight back into your car. Clean the headlights one at a time. You do not want to mix the two headlights up.
- Take the headlight out of the headlight assembly carefully. You do not want to break the headlight or the headlight assembly.
- Take your bucket and put dishwashing detergent into the bucket. Fill the bucket up with water. Take the sponge and clean and polish the inside of the headlight. Make sure you clean and polish the headlight well. Sometimes, the headlight is too dirty to clean with soap and water. There are special products that will clean fogginess or yellowish grime off the headlight. They are special headlight cleaners you can buy at the auto parts store.
- Dry the headlight with a cleaning cloth. Make sure the headlight is completely clean and dry before you put it back into the car. Take a cleaning cloth and put some liquid car polish on the cloth. Polish the inside of both headlights with it. This will make the headlight shine brightly. You can buy liquid car polish at most auto parts stores.
- Replace the headlight the same way you took it out of the car. Clean the other headlight the same way you cleaned the first. Make sure you reconnect the wires to the headlights. The lights will not work without power. Undo the safety handle of your hood. Put the hood down. Check out the headlights and make sure everything is straight. Now clean the outside of the headlights. Your headlights have been cleaned and polished on the inside and the outside of your car. You are ready to drive your car at night.
Though the inside of the headlight will be dirty with dust and grease, it should be easy to clean.
Secure screws so you do not lose them.
Make sure you reattach the electrical wires to the headlights.
Do not use abrasive cleaners.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.