Car owners with color damage eventually wonder how to polish heat damage out of car paint DIY style. Oxidation from the sun’s rays can do havoc on paint finishes. Some basic steps are all that is needed to recover your car to its previous shine. If you are ready to achieve to learn how to polish heat damage out of car paint, read on.
To polish heat damage out of car paint, you will need:
- Car wash solution
- Water hose
- Paint restoration polish
- Paint polish
- Polishing cloths
- Clean and assess. The first step in how to polish heat damage out of car paint is to evaluate the damage after washing the car. Use a cleaner made for cars to avoid further damage. This is important because an accurate rating of your car’s finish cannot be done on a dirty car.
- Buff with grit. Apply a paint restoration polish that contains a slightly gritty texture to areas with damages from the sun or other elements using a sponge. Rub the sections using strong strokes to take off the top layer as you learn how to polish heat damage out of car paint.
- Polish the paint. One of the most important steps in how to polish heat damage out of car paint is to use a high quality paint polish. Buff the polish on to regain luster to your car’s finish. Use a polishing cloth to attain superior results.
- Park in garages to minimize exposure to sun.
- If applicable, use wax made for clear car finishes.
- Protect trim when large areas are restored.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.