Need to know how to unlock a radio in a 1996 Chevy Lumina? Radio codes protect your radio system by acting as a theft deterrent. Radio codes are assigned to a specific radio, which adds an additional layer of protection. When the battery is disconnected or the radio removed, a code is required to get the system working again. The 1996 Chevy Lumina requires this code to work after removal or battery disconnection. To unlock the radio, you must locate and enter the code and confirm your radio is unlocked.
- Locate the code. Check your owner’s manual for the code. The owner’s manual should have a label with a four-digit number. Additionally, the code may be located on a label on the radio itself. If so, you will need to remove the radio to retrieve the code. If not, visit a General Motors (GM) location with proof that the vehicle belongs to you. The service technician can assist you with finding the code and possibly unlocking your radio.
- Turn the vehicle on. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the vehicle on. You do not need to start the vehicle to enter the code. If necessary, turn the radio on. The radio should display “LOC.”
- Enter the radio code. Using the MN (minute) and HR (hour) buttons on your radio’s console, enter the four-digit radio code.
- Press the AM/FM radio button. Your radio will display “SEC” which means the system is no longer locked.
- Confirm the radio is unlocked. Tune your radio to your favorite station to ensure you are receiving a broadcast.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.