Need to know how to unlock a radio in a 1996 Chevy Lumina? Radio codes protect your radio system by acting as a theft deterrent. Radio codes are assigned to a specific radio, which adds an additional layer of protection. When the battery is disconnected or the radio removed, a code is required to get the system working again. The 1996 Chevy Lumina requires this code to work after removal or battery disconnection. To unlock the radio, you must locate and enter the code and confirm your radio is unlocked.
- Locate the code. Check your owner’s manual for the code. The owner’s manual should have a label with a four-digit number. Additionally, the code may be located on a label on the radio itself. If so, you will need to remove the radio to retrieve the code. If not, visit a General Motors (GM) location with proof that the vehicle belongs to you. The service technician can assist you with finding the code and possibly unlocking your radio.
- Turn the vehicle on. Insert the key into the ignition and turn the vehicle on. You do not need to start the vehicle to enter the code. If necessary, turn the radio on. The radio should display “LOC.”
- Enter the radio code. Using the MN (minute) and HR (hour) buttons on your radio’s console, enter the four-digit radio code.
- Press the AM/FM radio button. Your radio will display “SEC” which means the system is no longer locked.
- Confirm the radio is unlocked. Tune your radio to your favorite station to ensure you are receiving a broadcast.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …