How Does Water Help You Lose Weight?
For those hoping to shed pounds, learning about how does water help you lose weight can be pivotal to a successful diet program. Water is necessary for proper functioning of every system in the body. This includes the digestive system, metabolism and mechanisms by which your body tells you to eat or not.
- Water helps you lose weight by keeping the metabolism operating at optimal levels. Dehydration can cause a drop in metabolism, counteracting your efforts at weight loss. Avoid this by drinking at least 8, 8-ounce glasses of water every day.
- You will likely eat less when you are drinking enough water daily. Water fills the stomach and lessens the chances of overeating at meals. It is a good idea to get into the practice of drinking a glass of water approximately twenty minutes prior to every meal to use water to help you lose weight.
- Water helps you lose weight by flushing toxins from the body. This effect of water ingestion helps the entire body run better. Toxins can cause fatigue, headaches and more in the body, all of which make it more difficult to make better, healthy food choices on a diet.
- Water helps you lose weight by letting you know when you are truly hungry. Much of the population is constantly dehydrated at least minimally. Many people have a difficult time distinguishing the body's hunger signals and thirst signals, thus eating when they are actually thirsty, not hungry. Many diet programs and specialists suggest drinking a glass of water anytime you think you may be hungry. Wait 20 to 30 minutes to see if the feeling subsides before choosing a healthy, low-calorie snack.
- You can use water to help you lose weight because it naturally suppresses the appetite. Forget about all those supplements and weight loss pills. Instead, use water to suppress the appetite.
- Water helps you lose weight by replacing caloric beverages. Some people find it difficult to cut the calories they drink every day. Whether it's a glass of milk, juice or pop, most beverages contain calories. Drinking water in place of these other options is a quick and easy way to cut a few hundred calories from your diet every day.
- Water helps you lose weight by lubricating the joints. Most people try to exercise when starting a diet program. The problem encountered by some of these people however, is that they have aches and pains which turn them off of the exercise. By lubricating the joints, water helps you lose weight by cutting down on some of these uncomfortable results. This increases the chances that you will continue your exercise program, thus helping you lose weight. Just remember to drink some extra water to replace that lost during exercise.