How Does Weight Watchers Work?
If you are on a diet or thinking about following a diet program, you may wonder, "How does Weight Watchers work?" Find out about Weight Watchers meals, the Point system and more. Once you understand how Weight Watchers works, you can decide if it is the best diet and nutrition program for you.
- Easily track your food, calories and nutrition. Weight Watchers uses a system called Points to help dieters learn healthy eating habits and be observant of their daily food intake.
- Points are calculated separately for every individual based on current factors such as gender, age, height and weight. Using a sturdy paper sliding calculator, you can determine the number of points in many food. You also receive a booklet listing points for different foods when you join the program.
- Weight Watchers members track their points daily in a weekly food journal. This helps participants learn to plan ahead and budget their calories for special foods or occasions.
- Weight Watchers weekly meetings and weigh-ins provide accountability and support. If preferred, Weight Watchers offers an online program.
- Weight Watchers works for those who prefer variety. If you are tired of restrictive diets, then Weight Watchers may be a perfect fit for you, as it allows participants to eat whatever they want as long as they stay within their daily Points allotment.
- You may wonder, "Does Weight Watchers work quickly?" You can expect to lose 1/2 to 2 pounds per week on Weight Watchers.
- Weight Watchers also offers a special program called Weight Watchers at Work in some locations. These programs must be approved by management and weekly meetings are generally held somewhere in the office. Some people may find the convenience of this program to be a plus.
The most successful participants in Weight Watchers work hard in both diet and fitness. Weight Watchers recommends incorporating exercise into your weight loss goals. You are rewarded for exercise with extra Points in addition to your normal daily limit.