How To Donate Your Car In Dallas
It is easy to learn how to donate your car in Dallas. Perhaps an old clunker is taking up space in the driveway. Maybe you are feeling charitable and would like to do a good deed. It may be the end of the year and a tax deduction is needed. There are a few simple steps involved in donating a car in Dallas.
- Find an appropriate organization. Not all charities accept cars as donations. They may not have the space needed to store those cars nor the manpower to fix them. Make sure to contact potential organizations to make sure they are currently accepting car donations. If interested in receiving a tax deduction, make sure the organization is qualified to receive tax-deductible donations. Also note that this tax deduction is only available for taxpayers who itemize deductions.
- Contact the organization. Call the organization or contact them online. Some organizations that accept car donations in Dallas have online forms that can be filled out to get the process going quickly.
- Follow the charity's instructions. More than likely they will send a tow truck to come get the vehicle.
- Find and sign the title. Make sure this is done in order to give the vehicle to the charity.
- Remove the license plates. This may help avoid any liability problems after the car is transferred.
- Get a receipt. The charity should mail a receipt regarding the vehicle that can be used for tax purposes. Specific, written information must be received from the charity if the donation is valued at $250 or more.